Postgraduate School of Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta was founded in 1997 and consists of 14 Master’s programs and 2 Doctoral programs. The Master’s programs (S2) consist of:
- Master of Law
- Master of Islamic Economic Law
- Master of Islamic Education
- Master of Management
- Master of Accounting
- Master of Education Management
- Master of Indonesian Language Education
- Master of English Education
- Master of Primary Education
- Master of Pharmacy
- Master of Psychology
- Master of Civil Engineering
- Master of Chemical Engineering
- Master of Mechanical Engineering
The Doctoral programs (S3) offered are:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Law
- Doctor of Philosophy in Islamic Religious Education.
Of the 16 study programs, 15 of them received an accreditation certificate from the National Accreditation Board of Higher Education (BAN-PT) and the remaining program is in the process of accreditation. In addition, several Study Programs have been trusted by the government as the organizer of BPPDN scholarship since 2008.
Postgraduate School Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta is involved with science, through empirical research and literary research. Many of Postgraduate School lecturers’ research schemes receive funding from DP3M or Kemenristekdikti, among others: postgraduate grants, compensation grants, competition-based grants, national priority grants, and international cooperation grants. The research scheme has implications for the implementation of education for optimal and systemic.
Postgraduate School of UMS equips master’s and doctoral programs with a clear mission vision, and contributes to the nation’s intellectual development, through comprehensive and in-depth studies.